Nonchalant is a main character in GodBorn. It's been one year since he last saw his b̸̦̭̔e̷̛͎͝s̷͕̅̈́t̸͈̝̉̓ ̴̬̦̍̊f̴̟̻̆̕ŕ̷̫i̵̳͑e̶̗͠ͅn̵̖̺̓ḏ̸̃̚ Melancholy. It was a typical dispute that blew out of proportion, or so he claims. In that time he's gotten a job at a plant nursery, and found a new roommate named Suppose. Nonchalant thought for a split second all his issues might have finally passed. That is, until one day when Suppose was very insistent Nonchalant accompanied him on his way to work.
Cooking a delicious meal, good with plants, adequate knowledge about vehicles, emotional manipulation.
Building model kits [specifically gundams/mech], watching k-dramas, Making Sure Everything Is Normal, learning how to cook new foods, being as isolated as possible, and smoking a lot of weed.
- He smokes cigarettes A LOT. Not quite a chain smoker, but he's getting there.
- His eyes are tired and lifeless. Dull with no shine, just a small dot for his pupils. Often seen with large bags under his eyes because the gods know this boy doesn't sleep well.
- He usually wears long sleeves to hide his self harm scars. He actively puts out his cigarettes on his wrists in a particular pattern. If the pattern doesn't stay fresh it makes him anxious.
- Outfits typically have a lot of belts and patches. He has a fondness for hoodies and turtlenecks.
- Because of his anxious nature, he's often sweaty and his hands are clammy.
- Nonchalant has an appreciation for frilly cute dresses and skirts. Despite a strong desire to wear clothes like this, he refrains from doing so in fear of people misinterpreting him. He tends to go 50/50 when it comes to wearing boxer briefs and cute panties.
The first word most would explain Nonchalant as is “stubborn”. Whatever he decides Must Be What Happens. He picks his friends according to this philosophy so they never challenge him. He doesn’t like people who are too headstrong, but in general he doesn’t like anyone really. There’s a softness to Nonchalant though. He enjoys giving to others, but he does so in a way that makes the other person feel a little guilty. Nonchalant doesn’t know how to not be an ass when it comes to basically...anything. He will remember his friend’s favorite food without any issue at least.
It feels like Nonchalant might be hiding something but maybe he doesn’t know what he’s hiding. There’s this constant denial protruding from him, a sense of confidence that everything is Absolutely Fine. If it isn’t fine, he’s sure it will return to “fine” again momentarily. He doesn’t expect anyone to think he’ll make it alright again though.
When Nonchalant was a child, he lived in an unspecified town in SOUTH KOREA, a far away place that seemingly no longer exists within ANHEDONIA. There was an incident with his parents. One day after coming home from school, he found his father hovering over the corpse of his dismembered mother. Apparently his dad killed his mom, but he never witnessed what happened. The memory deeply traumatized Nonchalant and he rarely ever mentions anything about it. Soon after the crime, Nonchalant was moved to CENTRAL ANHEDONIA to live with relatives. Unfortunately, his relatives were heavily religious, so the moment he turned 18, moved out and started his transition, he completely broke all connections with them. He has a decent inheritance from his late mother. Despite going to college he’s opted to live off his savings and work a measly job at a plant nursery.
In his early teens, he met Melancholy and quickly bonded with her. It was because of her that he began to understand his own gender and sexuality, which eventually led to him identifying as an atheist. Despite their rocky on and off relationship, Nonchalant offered Melancholy a place at his apartment, but only if she got a job. He didn’t need the extra money, but he was afraid of “enabling” her reliance on him. When she was fired from her job wrongfully, everything went south and the rest is history.
Pictures of Nonchalant can be found on his ToyHouse